Sunday 31 May 2015

Wembley

Postings every week

Links to books
Email markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
@author_king






The last bank holiday weekend was special. For four days my beloved home city was the centre of the universe. It started on Friday the 22th. The Norwich City of Ale Festival 2015 had started and I popped down the pub the enjoy a pint or three. It's now one of Europe's biggest real ale events. 273 ales from forty five local breweries served in forty different venues in Norwich. In fact it's so unique there isn't much else in the world to match it.








Then on Saturday and Sunday the 23rd and 24th the BBC Radio One Big Weekend visited Earlham Park in Norwich. This is Europe's biggest free music festival with 50,000 people dancing and swaying to the world's biggest pop stars. From Taylor Swift to Snoop Dogg, to the Foo Fighters. The list goes on, and on, and the event is listened or watched by tens of millions of people all around the world. It was absolutely mind blowing, and one of the most enjoyable live events I have watched.







Monday the 25th was a bank holiday and the long weekend was reaching it's final climax. I have been a life long Norwich City fan, and my children are now the fourth generation of #NCFC supporters, and on Monday they were playing at Wembley Stadium in the Championship Play Off Final. Alongside 40,000 other Norwich supporters we headed down to London to one of the world's most iconic venues. Were we sat was just a sea of Yellow, and the singing could bring a tear to the eye of any grown man. Norwich won 2.0 against Middlesborough a team for the north east of England, and as I celebrated the win with all my family I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life.  












To say I celebrated would be an understatement, but then again I had been celebrating since Friday afternoon. When I crawled into bed about eleven that night I was knackered. You can now see why I didn't post any blog last week on Always-hanging-around! It took me until this Thursday to feel like a normal human being once again, and then I only had another 24 hours to go before the weekend started all again.

Regards

Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment