Friday 12 September 2014

Reynard City the comic

Postings every week

Links to

FRENZY on Amazon U.K
FRENZY on Amazon U.S.A
FRENZY on Amazon Germany
FRENZY on Amazon Canada
FRENZY on Amazon India
FRENZY on Nook
Frenzy for the rest of the world
Mark King on Goodreads.
FRENZY Facebook Page
Email markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
@author_king




I was asked by the editor of the on-line comic series Reynard City to do a guest blog and below is the end result. It is truly amazing the talent that the internet allows to be expressed and all the comic team at Reynard City are a good example of that. So do please read the article and enjoy my replies to their questions.




Category Archives: Blog

Mark King guest blog

Mark King is our latest sponsor and the author of Frenzy: A Daniel Jones Story. If you would like a promotional guest blog email us reynardcity@gmail.com (Sponsors get priority)

Mark King- Author of Frenzy: A Daniel Jones Story

 What is Frenzy about?
Frenzy is a dystopian novel based in the very near future for Y/A, and adults alike that can be enjoyed by both male and female readers of any age from 11 to 100. It’s a fast paced story that will be enjoyed by anyone who likes Adventure Fiction, Fantasy Fiction, Science Fiction or Horror Fiction as in contains elements of all four. It’s based around a terrible secret found out by Daniel Jones that brings his life as he knew it to an end, and thus begins the adventure as he stumbles across the two female characters Mary and Gwendolyn. Between the three they fight to survive against the Over-seers the new masters of humanity.

What/who are your influences?
George Orwell was a big influence especially with his two classic books 1984 and Animal Farm. Another writer is Ken Follett. I love how George Orwell can write in such a way as to tell an interesting story that has a deeper meaning within. With 1984 and Animal Farm he is writing about the dangers of how dictatorships rise and how they then stay in power, and this is the same with my writing of Frenzy a Daniel Jones Story. With Ken Follett I like how his writing can suddenly burst in a frenetic energy of excitement and this is something you will find time and time again in both Frenzy, and its sequel Daniel Jones Doom.

How did you get into writing?
I was inspired to complete FRENZY a Daniel Jones story after the sudden death of father-in-law. At the time I was in paid full time employment, and always thought I would write a book once I had retired, but the whole horrible event taught me that you must do what you want to do now; because you never know what is around the corner, and we only get one chance on this wonderful planet. So I resigned from the company and gave myself a target of two years to get FRENZY published which I achieved. I was also inspired by someone else and there is a dedication in the front of my book that gives a clue to his identity.

How do you prepare yourself before you write (what is your routine)?
My writing is my living so I try to keep to regular hours and days like you would if working for an employee; so normally I’m at my laptop writing from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday then use the weekends as time for promotional work only; communicating with fans through my Twitter account and also on Goodreads plus Facebook. I also write a weekly blog at always-hanging-around.blogspot were people can keep up with my life. Sometimes though you can wake up at midnight with your mind buzzing, and then I find I’m sitting in the quite of the night writing sometimes my most exciting work!

Is there any advice you would give for people who want to write?
The best advice I can give is be prepared for disappointment! It starts from the very beginning when you ask people to review your first manuscript asking them to give you an honest answer. Don’t be surprised when they do, and tell you that what you thought was the greatest story ever told is just not their cup of tea! It carries on through getting rejection after rejection from agents and publishers. The other piece of advice is never to give up,keep going. If you have made the commitment, have the belief in your manuscript and are prepared to listen to advice, you will make it!

What book do you wish you had written?
That’s easy 1984. George Orwell was so right about us all ending up one day living under constant surveillance even though most people in the U.K, and gradually around the rest of the world, don’t know it or refuse to admit it. The only thing was that it took until 2004 until the tipping point was reached with C.C.T.V on every corner and the internet invading the privacy of our own homes.

Who would be on your superhero team?
The heroes of my youth were Superman and Wonder Woman and would make it into the team. Today there are new heroes for a new generation like the characters in Reynard City and these would have to make into a team of superhero team (Aw shucks, thanks!)

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Russell Crowe would be my favourite although in my youth when I had a flat-top hair style and worked out in the gym people used to say that Arnold Schwarzenegger looked a lot like me, although these days I look more like the actor Ray Winstone!

What are your plans for the future?
I have finished the manuscript to the sequel to Frenzy (Daniel Jones Doom) and it will be published by the end of the year or early in 2015. After that I want to carry on writing more stories. In fact I want to write for the rest of my life until my maker calls my number, and it’s time to check out!

Frenzy: A Daniel Jones Story is available now on Amazon. If you want to know more or have your own questions for Mark King follow him on Twitter or check out his blog!
Also a big foxy thanks to Mark for donating a signed copy of Frenzy: A Daniel Jones story to our raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment