Saturday 22 February 2014

The Three Wifes

Postings every Tuesday and Friday

Links to

FRENZY on Amazon U.K
FRENZY on Amazon America
FRENZY on Amazon Germany
FRENZY on Amazon Canada
FRENZY on Nook
Frenzy for the rest of the world
twitter@author_king

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com










I've been unable to do any writing on Daniel Jones DOOM so its afforded me the chance to read a book.

Now normally I try not to read fiction when I'm writing because I don't want another author's words to influence my own style, but on this occasion I decided to make an exception to the rule, and try out a new author I had never read before. I had a copy of the The Three Wife's of Don Quixote Smith by Roy Murry and I glad I did.

It's only 200 pages long so great for reading if you have some spare time to kill like when you're travelling any distance or in my case waiting for the return of my laptop. It's also very easy to follow as you basically find out about the life of Don Quixote Smith through the eyes of three women that came into, and then left his life. So you have four main characters plus a couple of side characters.

One thing I don't like to read are books that have too many characters in the plot line so it becomes very hard to remember what person is who. I've read the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and at one stage twenty plus family characters are mentioned. I kept loosing the visual in my mind of who was who, and how they were connected to each other.

You didn't have that problem with Roy Murry's writing which is why I liked it. The other thing I must point about The Three Wife's of Don Quixote Smith is that it's what I would call a very sexually book. If you're a red blooded male like myself or a women that loves saucy reading material then you will find your pulse racing at times. All in all it made a nice change of reading for me, and now that I have my laptop back I shall go back to non-fiction for the next couple of months while I finished the sequel to Frenzy a Daniel Jones story.

But I won't put Roy Murry's book onto my book shelf just let. I will wait until the dear wife settles down on the sofa with a glass of wine in her hand, and then when the children are tucked up in bed, and fast asleep, I will nudge the book in front of her, and suggest she has a read.

Then I will sit back and wait for Don Quixote Smith to work his magic!

Regards

Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment