Friday 28 February 2014

Now relax

Postings every Tuesday and Friday

Links to

FRENZY on Amazon U.K
FRENZY on Amazon America
FRENZY on Amazon Germany
FRENZY on Amazon Canada
FRENZY on Nook
Frenzy for the rest of the world
twitter@author_king


markkingtheauthor@gmail.com









Friends and family can make strange request at times, and it's your response to these moments that show how good a friend you are. I was for a fraction of a second unsure what was required of me, but no matter my misgivings I replied immediately. 'Yes.' I said. 'No problem when do you want to do it?'

We checked our diary's and the best date for both of us kept going further, and further, into the distance, and at one stage I thought we would never find a suitable time until I decided to bite the bullet, and suggested. 'Why don't you do it today?'

She was over the moon and a time was set. I explained to the wife what had been asked and I think she was happy to get me out of the house so she could put her feet up, and watch her soaps on the television without me being by her side moaning about what a load of rubbish they are, and are nothing like real life.

So there I was laying on this table on my back with all my cloths on. There was soft music playing, scented candles burning, and an old thirties style clock that tick tocked away every couple of seconds that sat on the mantle piece.

'Relax.' She said and I tried my best. 'Now I've told you to relax so close your eyes, and let your mind and body be free.' Then she spent a minute in pray and concentration before holding her hands on either side of my head. She didn't touch my but I could feel her warmth and slowly, very slowly I began to relax.

Slowly, very slowly her hands moved over my body as I relaxed to the music why the tick tock of the clock reminded me that time stands still for no one. It lasted for about forty five minutes then it was over, and I must say when I first stood up my head went dizzy. It was a very relaxing experience and afterwards we sat together and had a cup of herbal tea.

When I got home I told the wife she should give it ago.

Like I've said before I will try anything once and if I like it I will do it again, and if i don't then I won't, and on this occasion I think I will give it another go. My friend asked me for my honest opinion and I came up with what I thought would help improve the experience. My first suggestion was to get the clock out the way, because it's hard to relax when you are being reminded every second that time is slipping away from you.

Time is very precious because you don't know when it will stop for good, either for you or your loved ones. This is why I started on my quest to become an author when my father-in-law passed away and Frenzy a Daniel Jones story was the finished product, but its not the end of the story because my own clock is tick tocking away, and this thought is inspiring me to complete Daniel Jones Doom the sequel.

If you clock is ticking away then you should be grateful it still is, and don't waste any more time.

So do what you need to do today.

Regards

Mark.  



No comments:

Post a Comment