Friday 4 April 2014

Robert Raker

Postings every Friday

Links to

FRENZY on Amazon U.K
FRENZY on Amazon America
FRENZY on Amazon Germany
FRENZY on Amazon Canada
FRENZY on Nook
Frenzy for the rest of the world
twitter@author_king





It can be a lonely life as a writer because you're not working with a group of other people. In this industry you are working on your own and don't come into contact with other authors very often. Questions go around your mind, and without others in the same boat they can go unanswered. With this in mind I took the time to liaise with Robert Raker a fellow author who interviewed me last week, and who kindly responded by answering the same questions.

Its great to see his replies, and you can check out my ones on his own site at the link below. So please read, enjoy and take some time to find out more about Robert.



Q&A with Robert Raker, author of Entropy

Your novel Entropy has been released. Tell us a little bit about this book release:
Entropy takes place in a small town (in America) that is economically depressed. The town in the book is gripped by a series of crimes against children. The brutal crimes take a different toll on a disparate group of individuals; the scuba diver who retrieves the children’s bodies; the disfigured cellist who thinks he knows who’s responsible; the undercover federal agent; and the mother of one of the victim’s.  I based the surroundings around where I live in Philadelphia as many of the small towns were adversely affected by the economic downturn.

What genre do you like to write?
I would classify the genre I like to write as drama. I enjoy varying elements of crime, exploring the darker side of characters and how their environment and emotion affects their lives.

How long have you been writing?
I have been writing since second grade but never really focused on it entirely until I reached high school. At college, I took as many creative writing classes as I could while I studied Journalism at Pittsburgh University.

What is your least favorite part about writing?  The most?
I get frustrated when I have not written for some time and when I struggle to maintain a fluidity to the creative process.  It can take me some time to get back into the complexities of a character, and speak in their voice.

When you are not writing or editing what do you do for relaxation?
When I am not writing I read heavily, enjoy sporting events, live theater, instrumental music and most of all film. 

What genre of books do you like to read?
Over the last few years, I have read from more genres that I had previously. I enjoy crime fiction (with an affinity for foreign detective fiction), general drama, horror and non-fiction, especially books centered in and on World War II.

 

What author(s) do you enjoy and why?
There are too many to list, but I enjoy Arnaldur Indridason, Jo Nesbo, Matthew Pearl and Jonathan Maberry. I love the intense attention to detail and emotional complexities they create for the characters and the landscapes around them. 



Entropy is available now for download and in paperback. Please feel free to join me for general musings @RobertRaker1.

Please feel free to read the Q&A with author Mark King http://robertrakerbooks.com/qa-mark-king-author-frenzy/

Regards

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment