Monday 24 September 2012

Joker's Monday


Another weekend has passed and Monday arrives just as the night follows the day. It has been raining all day and the Monday blues are sweeping over the meadows like sand in the desert.

As always I try to look on the positive side and think a few jokes can help lift the mood, so please enjoy

YOU KNOW WHEN YOU’RE OVER THE HILL WHEN…….

Looking after the lawn has become a big highlight of your life.

One of the pillows on your bed is a hot water bottle.

You begin every sentence with, “Nowadays….”

Your back goes out more than you do.

Many of your work colleagues were born the same year that you got your last promotion.

The clothes you’ve put away until they come back into style….come back into style.

You wear black socks with sandals.

I don’t know if I’m using these sentences let? But I must admit I am prone to saying, “Nowadays” maybe I am hurtling along in life and just don’t realise it. Maybe it’s time I had a mid-life crises! Then again I did leave a secure job in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression to write a book! Who knows I might already be there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,I have a couple to share.
    You know when your over the hill when.....
    You take a metal detector to the beach.
    You find your mouth making promising that your body can't keep.

    ReplyDelete