Friday 3 January 2014

I'm back and it feels like 2014

Postings every Tuesday and Friday

Links to

FRENZY on Amazon U.K
FRENZY on Amazon America
FRENZY on Amazon Germany
FRENZY on Amazon Canada
FRENZY on Nook
Frenzy for the rest of the world
twitter@author_king

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com







For all of my followers around the the world who logged onto my blog at always-hanging-around over the last week expecting my usual Tuesday, and Friday, posting I'm sorry for their nonappearance, but I decided to take a break over the festive period. On Christmas day and Boxing day I was totally technology free. No Blogging, no Twitter, no Facebook, no checking emails, in fact I turned off my mobile as well as the laptop.

But it wasn't the same for some people. I did read that 1500 British people filed their yearly tax returns on-line on Christmas Day! Then hundreds of thousands of people, and maybe a lot more spent this day of celebration on their computer shopping.

Why in hell would you want to do this? So you may not be a Christen fare enough, but as the saying goes 'when in Rome do as the Romans do.' It doesn't matter what belief you have, or even non-belief, but when there is a good dam excuse to take 24 hrs off why not take it?

I think it's sad.

At the end of the day it's each individuals choice what they do on any particular day, and it's not my business to tell anyone how they should spend their time. All I can do is take control of my own life, and to make it as enjoyable for others around me who share my time. And on Christmas day I enjoyed it with nine other family members, plus Pippin the puppy, as we feasted for ten hours in my home.

I decided my tooth which was still playing up wouldn't ruin my day, so I pumped my system with pain killers, and alcohol, and before I knew it the day was coming to an end.

I would like to be able to go into more detail but in half an hour I'm off for an appointment, because after two months of pain, two previous visits to the dentist, and a shed load of money spent on pain relief, I can no longer live with my dodgy, and now very painful tooth. I am going to the dentist and I'm  determined to get this problem sorted once and for all.

So I wish you all the best for 2014 and hope it is pain free not just for myself but also for you.

Regards

Mark.





     

No comments:

Post a Comment