Monday 26 November 2012

Joker's Monday (Egypt)


Normally on a Monday I try to lighten the Monday blues with a joke or two, but this week I can’t even muster one up.

The events in Egypt with the leaders grab for power is just so sad after all the hope that was generated through the Arab spring uprisings.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

“I need these powers to protect the people and their revolution.”  This same sentence has been used from Lennon in Russia, to Hitler in Germany, through to Mugabe in Zimbabwe.

They all had the same outcome, Dictatorship, and I have the same feeling it will happen in Egypt!

I do hope I am proved wrong.

It seems all the countries involved in the Arab spring are heading the same way which is such a shame after so many brave people found their voice, and ultimately their united strength in demanding freedom.

My heart sinks so I will save the jokes for next Monday as we head into a new week, and I carry on with journey to publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment