Friday 22 February 2013

Thinking ahead

Within three weeks of signing the contract I had read my final manuscript making any final changes needed, and emailed it to Bookguild Publishing.

As normal it would be a case of always-hanging-around while I waited for the first editor's copy with their recommended changes to come back to me.

The family needed a break and as we hadn't the money to have a holiday in the sun, for the last three years, we decided to take up an offer of spending five days in Scotland with friends.

While we planned the long drive up to Scotland I started to think ahead about the next stage of my quest.

How to sell the book?

As normal I started to complete reserch on the internet and found out that as an unknown person the first thing you need to do is to get your name known.This was one reason I started the blog along with trying to guild other hopeful new authors who needed advice on how to make their dream come true.

There are different ways to get noticed. One I looked at was Twitter, but at the time I just couldn't get it. Now I have a Twitter account and have started to use it to communicate with others. I'm still learning how to use it, but i'm now there under the name @author-king. So look for this or under my name, Mark King, and hopefully my page ( with Frenzy Cover) will pop up.

I don't know if you are from America, Germany, Russia, China or any other country if you can follow me here in the U.K, but if you can then feel free to tag on. I'm trying to complete a tweet a day, and if you are on twitter then let me know and I can then follow you too.

As I have said in previous blogs you always need to be think of the next stage before you have finished the stage you are at now, if you want to get to the finsh post.

1 comment:

  1. I have watching you from Germany for a long time very good.

    ReplyDelete