Friday 23 August 2013

The madness begins again

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.the-frenzy.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY a Daniel Jones Story by Mark King







To all the people around the world from America, UK, Russia, Germany, South America, France, India, Japan, Australia and many other countries who entered the competition for a signed author's copy of my book, FRENZY a Daniel Jones Story, I just want to say thank you. The winner's will be receiving their book soon, and for all of those who were unlucky then you can get you hands on a copy through dozens of different web-sites and on Amazon/Kindle. Just type in Frenzy by Mark King into your search engine and the relevant web information will appear magically in front of you.

I'm a bit down in the dumps today and I know the reason why. This coming Monday in the U.K is a bank holiday, and after a bit of nagging by the dear wife we booked a pitch on a camp site for five days in East Runton in North Norfolk.

The madness begins again because we will have to start getting ready for the trip over the weekend, and to be truthful spending a half a day packing the car only to spend the rest of the day unpacking is not something I'm looking forward to. Add to that spending four sleepless nights on an uncomfortable air bed why the wind, and rain, beats down all night keeping you awake isn't really my cup of tea. You then have to add in another whole day packing and the then unpacking every thing again when you return. It sounds like madness to me. If you add in all the creepy crawlies scuttling about, over excited children who can't, or won't, or don't want to go to sleep at night, and the madness gets worse. If the sun shines you boil in the tent like lobsters in a pot, and if it doesn't then you freeze like penguins at the south pole. Then you have to shower with strangers while their pubic hair swells around your feet and use a toilet seat which some people think is there not to sit on, but is a target for peeing on, or worse!

As for meal times! Well I like a barbecue like most people but when you have it for lunch and supper on five consecutive days then my belly aches for pizza.

All in all I am going to return home exhausted with a painful back, stiff neck, and worn out with indigestion and constipation.

But what can I do? The family want a adventure during the school holidays, and this is the only one I can afford at the moment. It's times like this that I pray that FRENZY will be a world wide best seller and I can earn a little royalty cheque. Nothing greedy, just enough to pay for one week somewhere abroad in the sun where I can spend my day by the pool reading a book while the children are kept entertained in the kid's club.

Well we can all dream and that's my dream for next year and it's also a useful push when it comes to writing, and that's why I have enthusiastically started on the manuscript to DOOM a Daniel Jones story the sequel to FRENZY.

There are many appeals around the world like to save the whale, or save the panda, the elephant, or save a piece of heritage, or landscape, but I have just a small appeal, and that is to save Mark King from another five days of torture. It won't cost much and in return you will have a fantastic read that will keep you entertained, and which you can keep for life.

So to everyone who have enjoyed my weekly postings at always hanging around you can show you appreciation by purchasing a copy of FRENZY (and tell friends too) and maybe, just maybe this time next year I will be able to post another thank you as I prepare for the travel madness of a family holiday abroad.

Regards

Mark
P.S
As I won't have any Internet access where the family and I are going I will be posting a simple blog next Monday and then should be back to Fridays as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment