Tuesday 22 October 2013

Bring on the rain.

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.the frenzy.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY a Daniel Jones Story by Mark King.





I woke up on Monday morning feeling tired. I slummed on the sofa with a mug of coffee hoping it's caffeine would wake me up. I turned on the television and watched as the weather girl dampened my worn out spirit even further with the news that all I could expect all week was five days of continuous rain.

My mother and step-father had stayed over on Saturday night with the wine, and beer, flowing freely and when they left on Sunday my liver was struggling after three enjoyable days of wining, dining, and merriment. So by Monday morning my well intentioned plan to be in the gym by 7am had gone the same way as the Sunday roast I had cooked, and consumed the day before; down the toilet.

I tried to kid myself that I would go later in the day, but as the rain started to lash against the house I settled myself on the sofa with my laptop on my knees, and called up the manuscript for DOOM a Daniel Jones story the sequel  to Frenzy.

For some reason my time recently has been taken from me like a lolly pop from a child, I just don't know what happened to it; but I do know one thing, and that's I haven't spent near enough time on DOOM a Daniel Jones story. The first royalties for Frenzy have distracted my direction of thought, and to carry on the success of Frenzy I need to keep on writing.

You can be a good writer but to be a successful writer you need to publish as many books as possible. If you look at some of the best known authors you will see that they have been published many times.

So the conditions on Monday were perfect for writing. There were no distractions for me and I didn't want to go far so when I started to write I couldn't stop, and I was still writing at nine in the evening, sitting in the same spot on the sofa while the wife sat at the other end watching her usual fare of Monday night television soaps in Eastenders and Coronation Street. For my viewers in America, or China, or Russia, or anywhere else around the world. I don't know if you get these programmes in your relevant countries, maybe on some obscure cable channel? But if you do I can tell you for me there is no better reason to write if all you have to look forward are these mind numbing soaps

So while most people will be looking out of the window when they wake up this week feeling down in the dumps because it's raining; I'm quite looking forward to it because deep down I do love writing as well as reading, and I know this week there will be none of the distractions that come with a glorious sunny day when the sky's are blue, and there is only the odd whiff of a puffy white cloud floating silently above.

Of course that's what I would to think is going to happen, just a week of writing and reading, but as I say, there is always a but. When you work form home the dear wife will always have a long list of choirs to do, and it's no different this week because once this blog has been posted I will have to load up the car with boxes full glass bottles, and other items, then slog my way to the recycling centre, and stand there in the poring rain as I place each individual item into the relevant bins, green and brown glass in the right bin, clear glass in another etc.

The list will go on and on so while the dear wife is on the school run I better get writing.

Regards

Mark King.

No comments:

Post a Comment