Tuesday 1 October 2013

Turkish Delight

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.the-frenzy.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY a Daniel Jones story by Mark King.





I have been in a frenzy over the last four days going through two years of paper-work trying to  gather as much evidence in my quest to gain justice from Dulux paints after their faulty product caused our internal doors to fade. They have pushed us from pillow to post. We have the original tin of a paint plus the faded doors, but this isn't good enough for them!

Never mind I did get some good news that cheered up my weekend. The rights to translate my book FRENZY into Turkish have been bought by a publisher in Istanbul. There are 100 million people around the world who speak this language, and now they can read themselves into a frenzy with my book. So another country to add to the list where FRENZY a Daniel Jones story by Mark King is on sale.

I found out late on Friday about the successful completion for the Turkish deal after I returned from my Friday morning voluntary work. I also had a wedding to organise at the Parish Church, and with other things that need doing in the day to day running of family life it was wonderful to open the letter when I got home. With all that was going on it was quite late until I had written, and then posted my Friday blog. It can be hard getting my Friday blog out and I'm tempted to post it on Saturday morning instead, But, and as I say there is always a but, it all depends on you want.

So please feel free to give me your views at markkingtheauthor@gmail.com and I will see how it goes. Just going back to my last posting I finally got my money from Barclay's bank, but double standards go on as I encountered the other day.

I had to pop into the city centre for half an hour and parked on a street where there are parking charges paid for at the on-street parking meters'. The thing is they don't give change and with the fee set at forty pence per fifteen minutes the cost for my half hour of parking was eighty pence, but I only had pound coins in my pocket. So the local council made an extra twenty pence out of me. Now I once worked in the car park industry, and I know for a fact that all pay and display machines can give change, and when they don't it's a deliberate con to get more money out of the general public.

Could you image the uproar there would be if you went into a supermarket bought eight pounds worth of goods, handed over a  ten pound note, and then the till operator refused to give you any change?

It's the same principle but the double standard is that the council on the one hand want you to pay all your local tax's due in full, and on time, and to be a good citizen by leading a clean, and honest life while at the same time they are stealing my twenty pence.

So there is Dulux, then Barclay's Bank and now Norwich City council to add to the list of organisations and no doubt there are plenty more to add.

Regards

Mark.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment