Saturday 19 October 2013

Enjoy your life.

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.the-frenzy.com
www.booklet.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY a Daniel Jones story by Mark King





The beginning of the week started well. I have finally managed to bring my dispute with Dulux paints to a final conclusion, and we got some compensation for the year of hassle we went through as we stood our ground. It wasn't so much the money in the end but the principle of seeking fair justice in our dispute which counted.

I also got a phone call from a journalist who wanted to interview me about my book FRENZY a Daniel Jones story, and to take some pictures.

One of the draw backs now that we have settled with Dulux is that we can go a head and repaint our doors, and while we are at it also my daughter's bedroom. Now there are things I enjoy doing in life and things I don't, and decorating defiantly falls into the latter.

The weather also started to improve.

My daughter has been away for three nights on a school trip and my son stayed around his grandparents on Thursday so me and the good wife had one of those rare luxuries in a family, and that's a night together without the children.

As the saying goes, 'when the cat's are away the mice will play' and boy did we have some fun.

I have received my first royalties for FRENZY a Daniel Jones story and treated the dear wife to a night out. We got a taxi into the city centre and went for a drink, or two, before finishing off in a Spanish tapas restaurant.

It was a good week, the type of week that makes all the hard work worth it.

I always say 'life is hard, but someone has to enjoy it,' and I try my best to be one of these people. There's plenty of grumpy people about and if it makes them happy being grumpy then that's their choice.

So I'm carrying on with the rest of week as I started it, and where ever you live around the world enjoy your life, and don't let the grumpy people get the better of you.

Regards

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment