Friday 1 March 2013

Searching

So  I was brought down to earth with bump. I had had two wonderful weeks and now with the famaly car needing urgent, and expensive work, on a new clutch I had no choice, but to go deeply into debt to pay for the repair bills.

Since risking it all when I resigned from a secure job to follow my hearts desire to become a published author I have had to battle on a daily bases with juggling money to pay all our bills on time, and to make shaw the family had a roof over their heads with food on the table.

All my spare cash was now gone or spoken for, and deep down I had been dreading the day when I would have to go back to work. I was so close, Frenzy was at the early stages of the publishing process, but it would be a year at least before I would see any return for my investment.

I had some income coming in from some match day stewarding work at my local football club, but now I would need something more.

I signed up on all the internet job search sites and my heart would always since at the thought of having to go back to the slog  of fifty or sixty hour weeks in some stressful management job. The problem with these internet sites are that so many other people can log onto them you find you are one of two thousand other people who have applied for the job.

I decided to look in what some people would now call, the old fashion way, I looked throught the local paper.

I am very luckly where I live in the fact that there is a very strong independent news group who publish two wonderful daily news papers for my area. The first paper is the Eastern Daily Press, and the other is the Evenning News.

Relaxing why reading one of these is one of life's small pleasures and it was while doing this various jobs took my eye. I had decided I wasn't going to go back to the rat race full time, and was going to complete my quest of getting my first story published. If I could I would find a number of part time jobs that I could do.

I knew one thing, I had given 100% in getting published and I wasn't going to give up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment