Monday 10 June 2013

It's just not on.

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
twitter@author_king
FRENZY by Mark King
ISBN 9781846248771








I awoke in the morning wondering what topic I would spill out into the world. There were so many to choice from. It could have been about the wedding reception that me and the wife went to on Friday evening, or about a very interesting chap called Graham who I recently met, and had a drink with on Saturday afternoon down my local, The Fat Cat and Canary www.fatcatcanary.co.uk. I could have talked about my wife's disappointing day at the car boot sale with her mother, and our daughter, as they tried to sell off unwanted goods for a price that was only a fraction of the true cost at which it cost us (I should really say me as I would have paid for the majority of items that were up for sail.)

But and as I say there is always a but, the one thing that I must talk about is the shocking news that the American government has not been only spying on all its own citizens, but has by default been spying on the rest of us in the supposedly free world through our telephone and email traffic.

To say I am disappointed by this is an under-statement.

We like to think we live in a liberated free society in the west where the individual can not be touched by the state unless proved guilty in a court of law. What this message sends out by a government which lays claim to be the defenders of the free world is that no one can be trusted, and that all citizens must be considered a threat.

It's just not on.

What a sad sorry state of affairs this whole situation has turned out to be, and hiding behind the slogan " if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" is just not on. The most basic rule required for any free society to work is the rule of personal privacy. Why do you think the Nazis made Jews use the star of David? Or why under Stalin no one could move district without the authorities knowledge and permission? Because if you take away someone's personal privacy you have control over them, and control is power. It always has been, always will be, and this grab for power by the security services of not only the U.S.A, but also in most western countries, and especially so in the U.K should be stopped now.

The men in black should have to live by the same rules as the rest of us. The basic rule of law that you are innocent until guilt is proven means we have a right to personal privacy, and if the powers to be think other wise then they should go before a judge, and ask for permission to spy on an individual after proving reasonable suspicion.

What this episode shows is a worrying trend over the last twenty years for the state to think that it owns you. The best example of this I can give is the British Government plans to use your body how they wish after your death for the purpose of organ transplant.

I give blood freely every four months through the blood donor service www.blood.co.uk. I have also freely signed onto the donor register so when I die my organs can be used in transplant for other people who need them. I am also quite freely on the Bone Marrow register so if I can help in saving someone's life with a match then I will.   As I stated I have done this of my own free will, but if I didn't want to do any of these for what ever reason then it's my choice, and the government has not right over my body if I keep within the law, either when I am alive or dead.

So it's just not on. If I stick to the rules then I am entitled to my personal privacy until that is those lying, thieving, corrupt, morally suspect people called the ruling class can prove other wise. If you do nothing then nothing will happen in changing this mindset; so if your not happy about this situation then fire off an email, or write a letter, or wave a placard, or contact the person who represents you at what ever level of government and tell them, 'It's just not on.'

Regards

Mark

P.s If my blog fails to appear again then you know I've been taken down.

No comments:

Post a Comment