Friday 3 May 2013

Voting

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY by Mark King
ISBN 9781846248771



Thursday in England was voting day for County Council elections. I will always try to vote no matter how pointless it might seem. As I look at it, if you don't vote then you can't moan. When the British government brought in elected police commissioners for the first time I like many people didn't believe in it. The main point of debate were the merits of giving any politician control in how the police service is run. But I still went and voted even though I was against the idea. Not only that I also helped out with the counting of votes.

It can be shocking how many people just can't be bothered to use their vote. In some situations only 10% of people who can will do!

I can understand why up to 90% of the population can't be bothered or just don't want to endorse the politicians, because it's almost impossible to find one who is not a two faced, lying, cheating or as is the case in the U.K, a privileged twit. It doesn't matter what country you live in they all seem to be the same, and it some country's it seems to be almost an art form in skulduggery and thuggery.

For my many readers around the world you will all have these type of people in power in some way.

So what can you do? Well you need to get off your backside for a start and vote. So which way do I swing when what's on offer isn't very palatable? Well I go into the booth with my slip of paper and pencil, I look at the parties on offer and if non of them take my fancy I draw a square box, put a tick in it, and then next to it write; Non of the above.

If all non voters ( and voters alike) did the same it would send a very strong message of dissatisfaction to our leaders. So I vote and thus I have the right to moan which makes me a very privileged person, because in too many parts of the world a lot of people are able to do neither.

Regards

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment