Monday 15 July 2013

That's it

www.markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.the -frenzy.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
twitter@author_king
FRENZY by Mark King
ISBN 9781846248771










That's it, a wonderful weekend overshadowed by our bloody car because once again the Peugeot is playing up. Within a week after it came back from the garage it needs to return. I don't know what's up with it, other than the whole thing shakes when the engine is idling, but I now one thing I'm not going to spend another penny on it. If it costs hundreds to repair then I'm going to put it out of it's misery and send it to the scrap yard.

The wife is not happy about not having a car so unless she is prepared to go buy a new one then it's tough luck because I'm just feed up with wasting money on the damned beast.

It's not the only thing getting on my tits this week because my phone is also playing up too. The so called touch screen now doesn't liked to be touched. I can spend five minutes tapping the damned thing just to get a response.

Then there is my stupid laptop. The French like to label objects as male or female and I know my laptop must be female because just like my wife all it wants to do it stop me doing what I want to do, when I want to do it, while annoying me in the process.

I'm not a great lover of technology. Some people I know will go out and spend hundreds of pounds on the latest phone only to repeat that process twelve months later when the newest version of that same product comes out. To me I think they are just being ripped off, taken for a ride, conned, call it what you like, but when I invest in something new I want it to last ten years not ten months.

The problem is we have all become accustomed gadgets of all shapes and sizes, and it has becomes hard to live without them, just like with the family car. It can be done, but for most people it's just too frightening to contemplate so in the end I know what ever happens with the car the money will be found some how from somewhere, and there will be a car on our drive way by the weekend.

Regards


Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment