Wednesday 17 April 2013

Love and Hate

markkingtheauthor@gmail.com
www.bookguild.co.uk
Twitter@author_king
FRENZY by Mark King
ISBN 9781846248771


As I returned on the train from the London Book Fair yesterday I contemplated about the issue I would write about in my Wednesday blog. Different options flashed through my thoughts, and as part of the journey slowed to a crawl because of a broken down locomotive further up the line I nodded off to sleep.

There are so many things to talk about; my day at Earls Court all the way through to Baroness Thatcher's funeral today. By the time I got home it was 6.30pm. I settled my body on the sofa, and had one of those rare moments when my young son climbed into my arms, and rested his tired head on my chest.

It's in that short fleeting time you realise how wonderful life is.

I turned on the television to catch up on the news, and in that second I also rearlised how precious life is; for on the screen was the picture of that innocent young boy who lost his life in the Boston Bombings. The news channel kept repeating the pictures of the explosions and the devastating scenes that followed.

As I stroked my son's hair while his chest raised and fell in motion with my own beating heart, my head ached in sorrow for the poor parents who will never be able now to share that moment again with their own son.

Everything in the universe is made of energy of which there is postive charge and a negative charge. The most postive form of energy is Love which leads to caring, sharing, friendships, helping and forgiveness. The opposite to Love and the most negative is Hate which leads to greed, war, hunger, rape, and ultimately death.

I try to be postive and refuse to let Hate into my life, but I must admit that if it was me who lost my son through such a hateful act I wonder if my own Love would be strong enough to overcome the Hate?

Regards

Mark King


No comments:

Post a Comment